Spring 2017 - The spreading of ashes

On January 29, 2017, I recieved a spiritual prompting during Sacrament Meeting in church that I needed to approach Mayor George Bohne that day and ask if I could spread Dad's ashes at Corner Lake. I followed the prompting and Mayor Bohne was surprised at me approaching him so earnestly, but gave permission and also said to let the CAO, Scott Barton know.

and I did just that...



Scott responded very quickly and very kindly...



The weather was crap that year and my mom finally told me that dealing with the ashes would be too difficult for her, as she was still very much healing from the abuse. I ended up having to get the ashes delivered to me and I left them in the garage until I was able to get a friend of my mom's named Mabel to drive me out to the lake, as Mom figured I would be in no emotional shape to drive after doing that, and Mom and Alvin were off in B.C.. Mabel stayed in the car and I lugged the very heavy bag of ashes down to the shoreline, sat on the grass, and gave Dad a final spiel before I opened the tin and spread the ashes along the shore and in the water. I then left the tin and went off to drown my emotions in a jumbo creme soda slurpee from the Town Pump.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 20, 2020 - Star Trek Picard: Episode 5 - Stardust City Rag

October 16, 2018 - The Conners

Renting A Mortality - written by Heather Cameron - October 13, 2014