August 24, 2014 - Spiritual reflections

My dad got diagnosed with stage four cancer just last month and he wanted to keep things quiet and in the family, but I NEED support since I am the support for both of my parents and I NEED the support to keep me going and I know the Savior is a great support, but I would love and very much appreciate support from people on here too. I know that people may not know how to react to such news, but perhaps compassion, hugs, time, and continued kind words/support would be a start instead of awkwardly shunning us at church and in other public places and making us feel as if nobody cares but God and our wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ. Now, having the unconditional love and support of God and Christ is truly wonderful, but God created man and Christ Atoned for man so that they could learn and grow through opportunities presented. Though my dad's cancer is a terrible thing, it is also a wonderful opportunity to work on becoming what the Atonement has enabled us to become and the opportunity is not only for my family, but also those who are aware of the news. God and Christ have not shunned or avoided my family in this trying time and they are not afraid of being there, so why should anyone else be afraid? Life is MUCH too short to be afraid of being there for fellow children of God and I speak frankly; if you do not take the opportunity to be of support, you are not only denying us the comfort we stand in need of at this time, you are denying yourselves opportunities to grow and learn through the giving of compassionate service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 20, 2020 - Star Trek Picard: Episode 5 - Stardust City Rag

October 16, 2018 - The Conners

Renting A Mortality - written by Heather Cameron - October 13, 2014