October 16, 2014

I came to the hospital around 6:30 p.m.., but Dad didn't wake up until around 7:15 p.m. and said, "Heather, I'm sorry; I'm not hurting," and I said, "It's okay, Dad. I love you."

Mom came to the hospital earlier because she felt uneasy; she said that the hospital staff had to use a lift to get Dad back into bed earlier because he has no strength in his legs. Mom, however, helped him sit up in bed so he could use his pee bottle. At this point, I left and went to the store to get some comfort food and on my way home, I called and Mom said there was an emergency.

Panicked, I rushed back to the hospital and Mom said that Dad had fallen after trying to get out of bed to go have a smoke and had hit his head after the nurses had told him he couldn't go out. Fortunately, Dad was fine and didn't need stitches or an examination in the emergency room.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 20, 2020 - Star Trek Picard: Episode 5 - Stardust City Rag

October 16, 2018 - The Conners

Renting A Mortality - written by Heather Cameron - October 13, 2014