October 26, 2014

The end has finally come after a three month battle with the nemesis that is called cancer.

At 5:15 P.M. on October 26, 2014, my father, John Robert Cameron (otherwise known as Bob) took his last breath and I had just come to his hospital room minutes earlier to bring my mom dinner since she had been keeping a vigil there.

We were talking, I was telling Mom about the meal I brought her, and he was snore/purr breathing and I suddenly noticed that Dad's breathing changed until there was no breathing at all. It took a few more minutes after that for his heart to stop beating and then there was silence, followed by crying. Dad was loved and he will be even more loved in the afterlife and he will be missed, but not forgotten.

I kissed dad's forehead three times after he died...it felt like kissing a mannequin; it wasn't him.

R.I.P. John Robert Cameron: February 1, 1952 - October 26, 2014.

*I had smelled Grandma Cameron that morning as I was driving around and in Relief Society, I distinctly heard heartbeats, which was at 3:00, the same time that Dad's breathing changed.

As Dad was dying, it was raining...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 20, 2020 - Star Trek Picard: Episode 5 - Stardust City Rag

October 16, 2018 - The Conners

Renting A Mortality - written by Heather Cameron - October 13, 2014